Kayak Instruction - Introduction to Sea Kayaking
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hobart, TAS
- Product code: IISK
This is a 3.5-hour session introducing you to the basic techniques and safety aspects of sea kayaking. If you are looking for a good foundation in the skills essential for safe and enjoyable kayaking, this is the course for you.
Note: It is a prerequisite of this course to have completed a Rescue Pool Session.
Topics covered include:
- Correct posture, balance and kayak adjustment
- Essential safety equipment
- Launching and landing your sea kayak
- Efficient forward paddling
- Manoeuvring strokes (reverse paddling, turning, supporting)
- Identifying and avoiding hazardous situations
Time: 9.30 am to 1 pm
Cost: $95 pp or $80 pp with your own sea kayak